– Updated 3/01/2021 –
Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by COVID-19. Here at Haller, we are closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the CDC and our local health officials.
We know you rely on us when emergencies happen and we want to be there for you. We have taken steps to ensure we can continue to serve you while protecting your health and the health of our technicians.
Technician Protocol and Safety Measures
- Haller technicians use one-time-use, disposable shoe covers and gloves, and sanitize equipment in between each home visit. That includes disinfecting everything from our tools to the steering wheel and door handles of our service vehicles.
- Technicians, as well as our office staff, have been equipped with disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer and have been briefed on safety practices within our customers’ homes.
- All employees are closely monitoring their own health. In the event there is any individual who is presenting symptoms or fear they may have been exposed, they will be self-quarantined, along with any employees they’ve been in contact with.
- We have transitioned to a remote work model for all employees to limit any risk of exposure.
- If we don’t shake your hand, we mean no offense. We just want to minimize the spread of germs to keep everyone healthy.
Contactless Service to Keep You Even Safer
In order to deliver the service you need with less risk to you and your household, we’ve added some extra measures to help solve your problem safely and without any contact between you and your technician.
Here’s how it works. We will:
- Give you a call or text you when we arrive to greet you and sort out next steps over the phone.
- Go right to the system that needs attention — no need to lead us there personally.
- Wear a complete set of personal protective equipment, including a mask, to prevent contamination.
- Have you work any controls (like a thermostat) to reduce our contact with your devices.
- Use a “verbal” signature to sign off on invoices (instead of requiring an actual signature).
- Ensure any parts we need to complete the work are sent over safely and without contact.
- Send all documents electronically, and complete the payment without physical methods like cards or cash.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- Let us know if you have any concerns, and what you need from us to keep you safe and comfortable.
- Open all necessary doors for us, so we can walk right to the problem without touching doorknobs.
- Keep an eye out for our number so you don’t miss our call.
- Clear out any clutter from the work area to help us complete the job quickly and safely.
We want to assure you that we take safety as seriously as our work. We’re committed to continuing our service without exposing you or our staff to unnecessary risk — please let us know how else we can bring you more peace of mind.
We understand you might be more cautious about who enters your home. To give our customers more flexibility in how you access our services, we’ve partnered with HomeX to provide virtual home service repairs through Remote Assist. You can now speak to a vetted technician over the phone or through video chat. Our HomeX Remote Assist technicians can help you diagnose issues and often fix them without the need for a home visit. If you need an in person service visit, we’ll send a tech to your home who will understand exactly what’s wrong and have the right tools and parts to get started right away and get the job done quickly.
Remote Assist is free as a part of your One Call Club plan. If you are not a member, you are able to receive a free diagnosis through Remote Assist and if we solve the problem virtually it’s only $50. If the Remote Assist technician determines that you need a service visit, we’ll send out a tech and credit your invoice with the fee.
Remote Install Quote
Need a replacement instead of a repair? You can get the same virtual, tailored service with HomeX Remote Install Quote. Simply connect with a heating and cooling design & sales specialist over the phone, and using video chat, they’ll help determine the right replacement system for your home and provide an accurate quote within the hour. Your installation can happen as soon as the following day. The whole process takes only one phone call and one in-home visit!
Your Home Hygiene
Home hygiene is always a top priority and especially when germs are likely to spread. It’s important to follow advice from the local health authorities and maintain good airflow in your home. You can practice good home hygiene by:
- Disinfecting and cleaning surfaces frequently.
- Ensuring your home’s vents and filters are clean. Central heating and cooling systems ventilate the air in our homes to protect our health.
- Improving indoor air quality with products that can filter very small particles, kill germs, and control humidity. This includes products such as high efficiency filter systems, air purification systems, humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
- Installing touchless faucets and other healthy home products like bidets.
As always, we encourage our customers to explore air quality products that can help keep their home healthier — we are currently providing $50 off the installation of these items.
Our top priority is your health and safety and we will continue to be here to assist you. We also ask that if you have been exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19, and you have recently had service, to please call us so that we can help ensure the health and safety of our team members and other customers.