Central Pennsylvania’s Go-To Plumbing Experts
Winter in Pennsylvania brings about freezing temperatures that can wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing. Frozen pipes are a common issue in winter, and it’s crucial to prepare your home for extended freezes.
Haller Enterprises offers frozen pipe repair in Pennsylvania. We can visit your home and carefully thaw your pipes, repairing them the right way to ensure safe water flow.
Common Areas Pipes Freeze
When the temperatures drop, certain areas of your home become susceptible to frozen pipes. Here are some classic scenarios and locations where frozen pipes are likely to occur in Pennsylvania:
- Exposed outdoor pipes: Pipes that are outside, such as hose bibs and sprinkler lines, are particularly vulnerable.
- Unheated areas: Spaces without proper insulation, like basements, crawl spaces, and garages, are prone to frozen pipes.
- Kitchen & bathroom cabinets: Pipes behind cabinets can be affected if the surrounding air is too cold.
- Attics: Poorly insulated attics can cause pipes to freeze, especially if there are cracks or openings that allow cold air to circulate.
Keep in mind that pipes can freeze at temperatures below 32°F, and it only takes a few hours for this to happen in Pennsylvania winters.
What To Do if You Have Frozen Pipes
If a pipe at your home has frozen, don’t panic — a professional plumber can provide a solution. When you have a frozen pipe, you should:
- Locate the frozen pipe: Identify the section of the frozen pipe.
- Open faucets: Turn on the faucets connected to the frozen pipe.
- Apply heat: Thaw the pipe gently using a hair dryer, heat lamp, or heating pad.
- Call Haller Enterprises: For professional assistance, contact Haller Enterprises.
How To Prevent Frozen Pipes
The best way to handle frozen pipes is to avoid them in the first place. A few ways you can help prevent frozen pipes include:
- Insulate pipes: Add insulation to exposed pipes, especially in unheated areas.
- Seal cracks & openings: Close gaps in walls and floors to prevent cold air from reaching pipes.
- Maintain adequate heating: Keep your home adequately heated, even when you’re away.
- Let faucets drip: Allow faucets to drip during extremely cold weather to prevent freezing.
Schedule Service With Haller Enterprises
For decades, our team of licensed and insured plumbers has delivered top-quality service throughout Pennsylvania. We believe in same-day service, upfront pricing, free estimates on replacements, and doing the job right the first time. You can even count on us for emergency services at any hour.